Purchasing a vehicle is a significant investment. A new ride comes with a major duty that provides protection and safety – whether you’re heading to the office, school, or out of town with your family. With MGS Motor Car Insurance, you and your vehicle will be protected.

This is insurance for all types of vehicles such as sedans, SUVs, minivans, trucks, etc. Covers you against loss, damage, and/or liability resulting from accidents arising from the ownership and operation of your motor vehicle.

What is Motor Car Insurance?

This is a type of non-life insurance for all types of motor vehicles. It is a protection against loss, damage, or liability by the insured car resulting from accidents caused by the ownership and operation of his motor vehicle.

Motor Vehicle

This refers to a self-propelled vehicle by any power except muscular power, commonly wheeled, that does not operate on rails (such as trains) and is used for the transportation of people or cargo from one place to another.

It also uses public highways, public thoroughfares, public boulevards, avenues, and park alleys.

Authorized Driver

This may refer to the insured or vehicle owner, any person driving on the insured’s order, or with permission. He must also be permitted in accordance with the licensing law or other regulations to drive and must not be disqualified by order of the court or regulations.

Compulsory Third-Party Liability

Any person is a third party except for the following: i. passenger ii. household member iii. family up to 2nd degree of consanguinity or affinity iv. an employee of the vehicle owner.

Get a Free Insurance Quote Now!

Types of Motor Car












Mini Truck




Private Car

Examples are sedan and hatchback

Commercial Vehicle

The most common types of this are pick-ups, vans, trucks


A two-wheeled vehicle used for social, domestic, and pleasure purposes

Land Transportation Operators

These are the vehicles with yellow plates, used to transport passengers for a fee or compensation

Motor Car Insurance coverage

Compulsory Coverage

Compulsory Third Party Liability (CTPL)

This is insurance protection from liability for death or bodily injury of third parties caused by the insured vehicle accidentally resulting from fault or negligence of the owner or any authorized driver.

CTPL Insurance has also required insurance coverage for all vehicles and is mandated by the Land Transportation Office as one of the requirements for vehicle registration.

As a result, any regulated non-life insurance firm that is licensed by the Insurance Commission can provide you with CTPL insurance. CTPL insurance premiums are nearly identical among several suppliers.

CTPL insurance (Compulsory Third Party Liability) is a steal when contrasted to the problems that can arise on the road. For a one-year coverage, you’ll need to pay up to PhP1000.00 for private autos and PhP500.00 for motorcycles. Private cars can pay PhP3,000.00 for three years of coverage, while motorcycles can spend up to PhP1000.00 in reimbursable fees.

Voluntary Coverage

Basic Cover:

Extended Third Party Liability – Bodily Injury (ETPL-BI)

This provides the same benefit as CTPL except that it only covers the excess of your CTPL coverage

Extended Third Party Liability – Property Damage

This protects the assured from any third-party liability he might incur for damage to the property of others while using his vehicle

Loss or Own Damage

Pays for loss or damage to the insured’s vehicle due to an accident or external accident causes.


  • Acts of Nature Perils
    • Flood, typhoons, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes and, other natural calamities.
  • Riot, Strike, and Civil Commotion
  • Auto Passenger Personal Accident


This is the amount the owner/driver of the vehicle pays for the repair of his vehicle out of his own pocket. Some call it participation but technically deductible is an amount you pay before your vehicle’s repair.

Deductible amounts vary depending on the coverage, insurer, and premium amount. The basic rule is that if your policy has a high deductible, you will pay lower monthly or annual rates because you will be responsible for more costs before coverage begins. Higher premiums, on the other hand, usually imply lesser deductibles. The motor vehicle insurance plan kicks in significantly faster in these situations.

Here are the standard deductibles:

  • Private car – 0.5% of sum insured/value, minimum of 2,000 PHP
  • Commercial Vehicle – 1.0% of sum insured/value, minimum of 3,000 PHP
  • Motorcycle – 1.0% of sum insured/value, minimum of 500 PHP

Information Needed for Quotation

Registered Owner

Mailing Address

A detailed description of the vehicle



A copy of the OR/CR may also be presented as most of the important details are printed on it.


1. Provide plate number/conduction sticker for verification

2. Process and submit the following requirements such as: (please take note, documents may vary depending on the provider)

For Own Damage
• Police Report / Notarized Affidavit (Original Copy)
• Certificate of Registration & Official Receipt (photocopy/scan only and please enlarge)
• Driver’s License & Official Receipt “of the person driving at the time of the accident”(photocopy/scan only and please enlarge)
• Colored pictures of the unit all sides including the damaged portion of the unit (please include plate number)
• Repair estimate of the shop (Original Copy)
• Letter of Preferred Shop
• Duly accomplished individual client information sheet form & Authorization Letter for Individual by the authorized driver.(See Attached files)
• Duly accomplished corporate client information sheet form & Authorization Letter for Corporate by the assured with sign of the authorized representative.(See Attached files)
• Government issued ID by the assured’s representative.
• Fill out Statement of Claim. (S.O.Claims)(See Attached files)

For Property Damage Claim – Third Party (TP) Vehicle
• Police Report / Notarized Affidavit (Original Copy)
• Certificate of Registration & Official Receipt (photocopy/scan only and please enlarge)
• Driver’s License & Official Receipt “of the person driving at the time of the accident”
• Picture of odometer reading
• Stencil of the unit (for 10 years above)
• TP Repair estimate of the shop (Original Copy)
• TP Certificate of No claim (Original Copy)
• Letter of Preferred Shop

3. If documents are not yet completed, we can initially submit the available requirements to avoid late filing. Late filing can lead to denial of the claim and subject for evaluation.

4. Once documents are completed, you will receive a claim number from the Insurance provider and you may use that for following up the status of your reported claim

5. Usually it takes 1-2 weeks time for the whole evaluation process (sometimes exceeds, depending on the severity of the claim)

6. Once evaluated, our insurance provider will send the following documents: Insurer report, (This file contains the detailed list and descriptions of items for replacement/repairs) LOA / Letter of Authority (This file contains the information such us the total amount of repair, the deductible and depreciation fee. This should be signed by the assured and to be presented in the repair shop to commence repairs) and last but not the least is the release of claim (A written contract in which one or more parties agree to give up legal causes of action against the other party in exchange for adequate consideration (that is, something of value to which the party releasing the legal claims is not already entitled)

7. Once documents are reviewed by assured, they can bring the vehicle to their chosen repair shop. Put in mind that the LOA is only valid for 30 working days.

8. Once the repair is done, assured should settle the depreciation / deductible fees on or before pulling out the vehicle. The documents such us Authorization letter, release of claim and LOA will be presented as well.

    Get your free insurance quotation now!