Personal Accident Insurance
What is Personal Accident Insurance Cover?
According to data on road safety, thousands of commuters die or are disabled in some way every year as a result of traffic accidents. Road accidents have grown far too common as the world’s population and the number of two and four-wheelers grows.
Personal accident insurance, in general, protects the insured and his family in the event of an accident, allowing them to be compensated for injuries, death, entire or partial incapacity, or any other accident caused by violent, visible, or external factors.
Elements of a Personal Accident Insurance
In order for a Personal accident insurance claim to be payable, the proximate cause must be an accident:
Scope of Coverage of Personal Accident Insurance
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- anywhere in the world
- while at home, work, or play
- on business or pleasure trip
Get your free insurance quotation now!
Basic Personal Accident Insurance Coverage
Accidental Death and Disablement
When an injury results in death &/or disablement within 180 days after the date of the accident, the company shall pay the benefits subject to the percentage of the principal sum provided in the policy schedule.
Partial List Of Benefits
|% OF PRINCIPAL SUM
|Loss of Life
|Loss of both hands, or all fingers and both thumbs
|Loss of both feet
|Loss of sight of both eyes
|Loss of arm at or above elbow
|Loss of arm between elbow & wrist
|Loss of one hand
|Loss of four fingers and thumb of one hand
|Loss of four fingers
|Loss of thumb
|Loss of index finger
|Loss of middle finger
|Loss of ring finger
|Loss of little finger
Optional Personal Accident Insurance Coverage
When by the reason of injury, the policyholder shall require:
- treatment by a legally qualified physician or surgeon
- confinement in a hospital
- the employment of licensed or graduate nurse
The company will pay the actual expenses incurred from the date of the accident for such treatment including medical reimbursement but not to exceed the maximum amount payable.
Accident – Burial Expense
The policy will cover funeral expenses upon the death of the insured person as a result of accidental bodily injury up to the limit selected in the schedule.
Unprovoked Murder or Assault
Pays the principal sum for death caused by unprovoked murder or assault Exceptions:
- Those holding any elective government position;
- Those actually engaged in political activities;
- Those performing investigative, security, or police functions;
- Those entrusted with collections, payments, keeping or handling of money, public or private, pursuant to duty.
Hospitalization Cash Assistance
As a result of an accident the insured has to be hospitalized, the company will pay each day of confinement up to a maximum of 30 days up to the limit selected in the schedule.
Accident due to motorcycling is excluded from the standard PA, but with an additional premium, this can be bought.
Classification of Jobs
- Non-hazardous occupation, confined to sedentary jobs
- Occupations involving traveling and sales
- Skilled or semi-skilled workers using machinery, manual workers
- Heavy Manual workers